Meets on Wednesdays at lunch
No experience necessary!
Email: [email protected]
WICS (Women in Computer Science) was created by Akshara Anand with the help of Jasmine Stone to promote women in STEM, especially in computer science and engineering. The club focuses around learning all aspects of computers- software and hardware. We have guest speakers come and talk about their careers in computer science as women, and lectures about everything from hardware basics to cryptography. We promote competitions such as NCWIT, and are also learning Python! Come to Room 220 on Thursdays during lunch if you’re interested.
Check out our website for lots of updates and more information: wicslasa.weebly.
Free CS Summer Camp for Girls at University of Texas-Austin
- Aspirations in Computing is a talent development pipeline initiative of the National Center for Women & IT (NCWIT) designed to increase women’s meaningful participation in computing careers by providing encouragement, visibility, community, leadership opportunities, scholarships, and internships to high potential technically inclined young women.
- Apply for the Award for Aspirations in Computing, which honors young women at the high school level for their computing-related achievements and interests. Recipients are selected for their computing and IT aptitude, leadership ability, academic history, and plans for post-secondary education. Applications are accepted from September 15 – November 2.
- Earn scholarships for college
- Find computing internships
- Connect with a large network of other technical young women
- Discover resources to increase your knowledge of technology